Today, we can take advantage of the facilities we found, via the internet, information that helps us to almost everything in life.
And one of these features are the sites related to donation of cars. Sites that are committed to helping all concerned to give or receive donations of cars. On these sites, simply fill in the form of donation of car and send to charity of your choice.
But, before filling in the form car donation is needs to be made a thorough search that involves a donation of cars not to have future problems.
I have listed below some information that will be useful when making a donation of cars to a charity.
- Be sure you no longer want the car.
- Do survey of conditions of the car and its market value.
- Having the car documentation to be donated, regularized.
- Have information on the legality of the charity you choose.
- Check if the charity is a 501 (c) (3) to benefit from a tax deduction.
- It is essential to make a car donation contract. The car donation contract can be performed through a private document (if car value is too low) signed by both parties. To benefit from the tax deduction the contract may be in front of a notary and witnesses.
- If your desire is to support a charity of your locality. Ensure that the institution will benefit your community. It is not only because a charity announces the need for donation of cars in your area, means that it is Some institutions solicit donations nationwide.
- Careful with the intermediaries
- Some make part of the profit from the sale of the vehicle as tax before passing on to charity you choose.
- Seek information on how much will be passed on to the charities. Sometimes the charity receives only a small portion of the money donated by the sale of the car.
- After the sale of the donated car, the charity will send a receipt the total amount the car was sold to the donor. The value of the receipt is the amount the IRS will deduct the tax.
As we can see, it is not simple donate cars to a charity. Therefore, we must be attentive to some details to avoid problems in the future.